What does post-secondary education mean?
Post-secondary education is also referred to as “higher education” and is any education that is not required by law. It goes beyond just colleges and universities to also include seminaries, trade schools and institutes of technology. Although the cost of higher education is rising, it aids people of all ages in their professions and often helps them gain higher level jobs.
Education in the U.S.
The Education System in the United States follows a pattern similar to other countries:
- Early childhood (or pre-kindergarten) education
- Primary (or elementary) school
- Middle (or junior high) school
- Secondary (or high) school
- Postsecondary (college, career, or technical schools) education
Delta-Montrose Technical College offers 10 Areas of Study: